Introducing Foundations of Mindfulness
We will practise together in silence, stillness and movement in the beautiful setting of Snowdonia. The retreat offers the opportunity to deepen our personal and experiential engagement with the core meditation practices taught in courses such as Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction and Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy, alongside offering an introduction to the theoretical understandings that underpin them.
The retreat will include:
- periods of both guided and self-directed practice
- short talks with time for questions and discussion
- sustained periods of silence to enable participants to connect more fully with their inner experience
- time to practice mindfulness informally between the scheduled sessions
- opportunities for group exchanges
The teachers will be available to talk to people individually.
Who is the retreat for?
This practice residential is suitable for people who have attended an eight-week MBSR/MBCT (or similar) course and who have a personal practice of mindfulness.
Requirements to attend:
Attendance at an eight-week MBSR/MBCT (or similar) course.
Please arrive from 4.00pm on the first day; dinner will be at 6.30pm and the first session will begin at 8pm. The final session will end by 1.30pm on the last day followed by lunch.
What to bring/wear:
Some mats, cushions and blankets will be provided. However, the quantity of equipment will be limited, so please bring your own equipment if possible.
Trigonos is located in the village of Nantlle in North Wales between Penygroes and Rhyd Ddu. Caernarfon is the nearest town and Bangor the nearest mainline railway station (West Coast mainline). Please visit the Trigonos website for additional information and directions at http://www.trigonos.org/node/13.
Our full rates have no hidden extras and include deposit, teaching, room and board:
Full rate for SHARED accommodation: £390.00
Full rate for PRIVATE accommodation: £430.00
Please note: The majority of our venues have shared bathrooms, including for PRIVATE rooms. Please contact us if you have any specific needs that we need to be aware of.
If the full rate for PRIVATE accommodation is paid but we cannot meet your request for a private room due to lack of availability, then we will allocate you SHARED accommodation and refund £100.00 to you or your employer.
There are spaces for two campers (contact us if you want to use this option for a different price).
The Application and Payment Process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this retreat is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week, but if the retreat leader is on annual leave or on retreat, then this can take a little bit longer.
- Upon offering you a place, we will then invoice you for the nonrefundable deposit (£100 non-refundable deposit for SHARED accommodation or a £200 non-refundable deposit for PRIVATE accommodation or for the full amount, depending on which payment option you selected when you completed your application.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your deposit or full retreat payment.
- If you selected to pay the deposit only, we will invoice you for the balance three months before the retreat starts.
- If the full rate for PRIVATE accommodation is paid but we cannot meet your request for a private room due to lack of availability, then we will allocate you to SHARED accommodation and refund £100.00 to you or your employer.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
For more information:
Please email us at email@example.com.