Cultivating and Establishing Mindfulness: A Five-day Retreat
This silent retreat will focus on exploring the teachings of mindfulness as they are presented in the early Buddhist tradition. In particular, we will explore the four ways of establishing mindfulness as described in the Satipatthana Discourse and the ways that these teachings inform contemporary teaching and mindfulness programmes.
There will be a programme of sustained meditation, daily talks and instructions and group meetings.
Who is the retreat for?
This practice residential is suitable for people who teach or are training to teach mindfulness based interventions such as MBCT and MBSR and others who are integrating mindfulness into their professional work.
This retreat will enable mindfulness teachers who wish to be included on the UK Network Listing of Mindfulness Teachers to fulfill the requirement to attend an annual mindfulness retreat.
Requirements to attend:
Attendance at an 8-week MBSR/MBCT (or similar). In addition, attendance of at least one day of guided silent mindfulness practice is recommended but not required.
Please arrive from 4.00pm on the first day; the first session will begin at 5pm. The final session will end by 12.30pm on the last day, followed by lunch.
What to bring/wear:
Some mats, cushions and blankets will be provided; however, the quantity of equipment will be limited so please bring your own equipment if possible.
Trigonos is located in the village of Nantlle in North Wales between Penygroes and Rhyd Ddu. Caernarfon is the nearest town and Bangor the nearest mainline railway station (West Coast mainline). Please visit the Trigonos website for additional information and directions at http://www.trigonos.org/node/13.
Our full rates have no hidden extras and include deposit, teaching, room and board.
Two Fee Options:
- Full rate for SHARED accommodation (2 or more to a room): £695.00 including the £100.00 deposit
- Full rate for PRIVATE accommodation (1 to a room): £795.00 including the £200.00 deposit. Please note that there is limited availability for private rooms, which wil be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Please note: The majority of our venues have shared bathrooms, including for PRIVATE rooms. Please contact us if you have any specific needs that we need to be aware of.
If the full rate for PRIVATE accommodation is paid but we cannot meet your request for a private room due to lack of availability, then we will allocate you SHARED accommodation and refund £100.00 to you or your employer.
There are spaces for two campers (contact us if you want to use this option for a different price).
The Application Process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this retreat is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week, but if the retreat leader is on annual leave or on retreat, then this can take a little bit longer.
- Upon offering you a place, we will then invoice you for the nonrefundable deposit (£100 non-refundable deposit for SHARED accommodation or a £200 non-refundable deposit for PRIVATE accommodation or for the full amount, depending on which payment option you selected when you completed your application.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your deposit or full retreat payment.
- If you selected to pay the deposit only, we will invoice you for the balance three months before the retreat starts.
- If the full rate for PRIVATE accommodation is paid but we cannot meet your request for a private room due to lack of availability, then we will allocate you to SHARED accommodation and refund £100.00 to you or your employer.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
For more information:
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.