During this retreat we will explore mindfulness of feeling tones, which is the second foundation of the practice of mindfulness. The Pali term vedana refers to the affective tone of experience. When we come into contact through one of our six senses with the environment, we experience a pleasant, unpleasant or neither pleasant nor unpleasant feeling tone. It is important to see that feeling tones are constructed, they are not a given, they do not reside in the object we come in contact with. It is vital to be aware of feeling tones as they arise extremely fast and have a profound impact on our behaviour. During the retreat we will have the opportunity to examine in details five aspects of our conscious experience: contact, feeling tones, perception, intention and attention. There will be sitting and walking meditation periods, talks and instructions, group discussions and private interviews. The retreat will be mostly in silence.
Who is the retreat for?
Requirements to attend
Completion of an eight-week course (or similar). Prior attendance on a guided silent day of practice is also recommended, but not required.
Martine Batchelor assisted by Jenny Wilks
This retreat will run from the evening of the 24th May to the late morning of 28th May. The intention is to offer a format that you can engage with flexibly depending on your particular situation. Martine’s teachings will be recorded for any participants who can’t be online at the times of her talks.
What to bring/wear:
A mat, cushions and a blanket would be helpful to support your meditation space at home.
This retreat will be held online – a zoom link will be sent to you nearer to the date.
- Full rate of Online Retreat – £300
The Application Process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this retreat is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week, but if the retreat leader is on annual leave or on retreat, then this can take a little bit longer.
- Upon offering you a place, we will then invoice you for the non-refundable deposit (£100 non-refundable deposit for SHARED accommodation or a £200 non-refundable deposit for PRIVATE accommodation or for the full amount, depending on which payment option you selected when you completed your application.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your deposit or full retreat payment.
- If you selected to pay the deposit only, we will invoice you for the balance three months before the retreat starts.
- If the full rate for PRIVATE accommodation is paid but we cannot meet your request for a private room due to lack of availability, then we will allocate you to SHARED accommodation and refund £100.00 to you or your employer.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
For more information:
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.