Mindfulness of Feeling Tones: A Seven-Day Retreat
During this retreat we will explore mindfulness of feeling tones, which is the second foundation of the practice of mindfulness. The Pali term vedana refers to the affective tone of experience. When we come into contact through one of our six senses with the environment, we experience a pleasant, unpleasant or neither pleasant nor unpleasant feeling tone. It is important to see that feeling tones are constructed, they are not a given, they do not reside in the object we come in contact with. It is vital to be aware of feeling tones as they arise extremely fast and have a profound impact on our behaviour. During the retreat we will have the opportunity to examine in details five aspects of our conscious experience: contact, feeling tones, perception, intention and attention. There will be sitting and walking meditation periods, talks and instructions, group discussions and private interviews. The retreat will be mostly in silence.
Who is the retreat for?
The retreat is aimed at practitioners who have experience and training that is equivalent to the UK Good Practice Guidance for Supervisors and/or Trainers.
Requirements to attend:
This retreat is suitable for Experienced Mindfulness Teachers.
Please arrive from 4.00pm on the first day; the first session will begin at 5pm. The final session will end by 12.30pm on the last day, followed by lunch.
What to bring/wear:
Some mats, cushions and blankets will be provided; however, the quantity of equipment will be limited so please bring your own equipment if possible.
Trigonos is located in the village of Nantlle in North Wales between Penygroes and Rhyd Ddu. Caernarfon is the nearest town and Bangor the nearest mainline railway station (West Coast mainline). Please visit the Trigonos website for additional information and directions at http://www.trigonos.org
Our full rates have no hidden extras and include deposit, teaching, room and board.
Two Fee Options:
- Full rate for a SHARED room (2 or more to a room): £845.00 including the £100.00 deposit
- Full rate for SINGLE room (1 to a room): £945.00 including the £200.00 deposit. Please note that there is limited availability for single rooms, which will be allocated by health need priority and then on a first come, first served basis.
Please note: The majority of our venues have shared bathrooms, including for SINGLE rooms. Please contact us if you have any specific needs that we need to be aware of.
If the full rate for SINGLE accommodation is paid but we cannot meet your request for a single room due to lack of availability, then we will allocate you SHARED accommodation and refund £100.00 to you or your employer.
There are spaces for two campers (please contact us if you want to use this option for a different price).
The Application Process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this retreat is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week, but if the retreat leader is on annual leave or on retreat, then this can take a little bit longer.
- Upon offering you a place, we will then invoice you for the non-refundable deposit (£100 non-refundable deposit for SHARED accommodation or a £200 non-refundable deposit for PRIVATE accommodation or for the full amount, depending on which payment option you selected when you completed your application.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your deposit or full retreat payment.
- If you selected to pay the deposit only, we will invoice you for the balance three months before the retreat starts.
- If the full rate for PRIVATE accommodation is paid but we cannot meet your request for a private room due to lack of availability, then we will allocate you to SHARED accommodation and refund £100.00 to you or your employer.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
For more information:
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.