Our key visions for retreats for mindfulness-based practitioners are:
- to contribute to the provision and development of quality mindfulness teaching and practice across the UK by offering a programme of safe, high-quality, tailored retreats for mindfulness-based practitioners and teachers who work in secular mainstream contexts.
- to lead on the development of retreats that are accessible to those of any and no faith, integrating best practice from both traditional retreat settings, and ongoing learning from the teaching of mindfulness-based programmes (MBPs) and from the training of MBP teachers.
- to ensure that retreats are accessible, inclusive and available to people at different levels of experience and understanding.
- to welcome people (over the age of 18) of any ethnicity, cultural heritage and religious background, socio-economic group, ability, sexual orientation and gender identity to our retreats.
- to ensure that all retreats are led by highly-experienced teachers, trained in retreat leadership, who are senior in the field of mindfulness-based interventions.