The Synergy of Meditation, Wisdom and Relationship
Wednesday 13 June until Tuesday 19 June 2018 at Chateau de Magny en Morvan in France
As humans we are exquisitely sensitive, every moment awash in a sea of contact. Touching and being touched, feeling, perceiving, and thinking, we create our world. Can we cultivate awareness in these dynamic moments of contact? Is it possible that human relationships are one of the best fields for cultivating mindfulness?
In Insight Dialogue the awareness, mental stability, and calmness associated with silent meditation are developed in practice with others. Practising with the six Insight Dialogue guidelines, one learns to pause out of the habit mind, notice tensions and relax, kindly accept present moment experience, open and trust emergence, and, listen deeply and speak the truth of our subjective experience.
Seeing and being seen, hearing and being heard, the heart and mind open, and greater mental flexibility and resiliency develop. The three bases of Insight Dialogue – meditation, wisdom, and relationship – form the foundation and a path of unbinding in the good company of other meditators.
This retreat combines silent practice with carefully guided Insight Dialogue meditation, Dharma talks, mindful movement, and time in nature, all within the container of noble silence. This is an opportunity to encounter Insight Dialogue for the first time and also for experienced ID meditators to deepen their practice. The retreat is not aimed at preparing people to teach interpersonal mindfulness, but rather to experience for themselves the practices that support mindful presence in the midst of relationship.
This retreat will be conducted in English.
Who is the retreat for?
This retreat is intended for those who are experienced practitioners of mindfulness meditation, including those who teach eight-week courses such as MBSR and MBCT, and who are interested in exploring the practice of Insight Dialogue. Since Insight Dialogue meditation builds on our silent meditation, an ongoing meditation/mindfulness practice and previous retreat experience is requested. If you have questions about the suitability of this retreat for you, please email Rosalie Dores at email@example.com. More information on the practice of Insight Dialogue can be found HERE.
This retreat will help mindfulness teachers who wish to be included on the UK Network Listing of Mindfulness Teachers fulfil the requirement to attend an annual mindfulness retreat.
About the teachers:
Phyllis Hicks, DMin, NCLPC is an Insight Dialogue Teacher and teaches Insight Dialogue retreats worldwide. She is a co-originator of the Interpersonal Mindfulness Program and serves on Metta Programs Teachers’ Council. Phyllis is a licensed psychotherapist. For thirty years, she has brought together Eastern and Western understandings of psychology and contemplative practice in clinical settings. She studied with a variety of Vipassana teachers and has trained and taught with Gregory Kramer since 2004. She is a guiding teacher for Triangle Insight and teaches Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction at an integrative medical center. She directs the Pastoral Care and Counseling Institute of Durham, North Carolina, a non-profit centre for counseling and clinical education. Phyllis lives and works in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Rosalie Dores. Rosalie Dores, M.A is an Insight Dialogue (ID) teacher in training. She is an associate teacher at Bangor University, conducts supervision through the Mindfulness Network, offers teacher training internationally and teaches Mindful Yoga. Rosalie has had a meditation and yoga practice since 1992, and has been sitting retreat for as many years. She has a private practice, Optimal Living, where she teaches MBSR and the Interpersonal Mindfulness Programme to the general population and in workplace settings. She is actively interested in various meditative traditions, though has studied primarily within the Theravada and Insight Meditation community. She has been studying with Gregory Kramer since 2006, and in teacher training since 2008. Rosalie has co-taught retreat in Asia and online programmes for Metta programs, as well as offering regular practice for the London based Insight Dialogue community.
Please arrive after 3:00pm for an 8:00pm start on the first day. The retreat ends after lunch at 3pm on the final day.
Chateau de Magny en Morvan is a beautiful retreat centre set in the French countryside. You can find more information by visiting their website at http://magnyenmorvan.fr/en/.
Château de Magny en Morvan can be accessed by car or on the TGV from Paris or Brussels, and is situated at three hours drive from Paris and two hours from Lyon.
What to bring and wear:
Mats and cushions will be available at the venue. Please bring any additional items needed for your personal practice.
Two fee options:
- SHARED accommodation (mostly double rooms but some triples): £1125.00 total includes VAT, deposit (£100.00), room and board
- PRIVATE accommodation: £1225.00 total includes VAT, deposit (£200.00), room and board. Please note that there is a limited number of private rooms, which will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. When the private rooms are all allocated, we will operate a limited waiting list in case of cancellations. If the full rate for PRIVATE accommodation is paid but we cannot meet your request for a private room due to lack of availability, then we will allocate you SHARED accommodation and refund £100.00 to you or your employer.
The Application and Payment Process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this retreat is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week, but if the retreat leader is on annual leave or on retreat, then this can take a little bit longer.
- Upon offering you a place, we will then invoice you either for the nonrefundable deposit (£100 non-refundable deposit for SHARED accommodation or a £200.00 non-refundable deposit for PRIVATE accommodation) or for the full amount, depending which option you choose when you complete your application.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your deposit or full retreat payment.
- If you selected to pay the deposit only, we will invoice you for the balance three months before the retreat starts.
- If the full rate for PRIVATE accommodation is paid but we cannot meet your request for a private room due to lack of availability, then we will allocate you SHARED accommodation and refund £100.00 to you or your employer.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
For more information:
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.